- Sector: Transport, Logistics and Distribution
- Location: Glasgow
- From £15.35 per hour
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 9257
We are recruiting for a Night Shift Mechanic/Shift Fitter to join our Engineering team in Caledonia, Glasgow.
We are looking for enthusiastic and flexible individuals with a keen eye for safety, plus an ability to work efficiently and to a timely high standard.
The salary for this position is £15.35 per hour and your working hours will be 38 per week.
The basic purpose of this role is to diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement in accordance with Central Engineering Standard Operating Procedures. The successful candidate will be someone who has the ability to work safely and efficiently to a high standard in a busy engineering workshop.
Our diverse team of qualified engineers, apprentices and skilled tradespeople give their all 24/7 to make sure our services offer unparalleled safety and reliability. They look after our buses, as we continually invest in a diverse range of vehicles and bus systems. What they do behind the scenes makes a real difference to our customer experience.
- To diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used within defined quality standards and within the most cost effective manner.
- To carry out vehicle servicing in accordance with central engineering SOPs.
- To record individual job times for the repair action either manually or electronically.
- To ensure parts replaced under warranty are returned to stores fully labelled and in a clean condition.
- To ensure all parts are booked out from stores using the correct procedure.
- To adhere to good housekeeping practices including general tidiness in the workshop and the return of all tools and equipment to their designated place.
- To attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries.
- To carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to determine specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2).
- Must be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment and the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems.
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we help around 1.6 million passengers get about their local communities every day. Putting safety first and our customers at the heart of everything we do, we provide reliable, comfortable and punctual services that offer good value for money. We're also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that carries 2.5 billion passengers a year all around the world in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Mexico.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.