- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Internal Audit
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 536086100
This role can be based in our Aberdeen, Glasgow or Edinburgh office.
Resourcing is a critical business function at KPMG. It ensures that organisations have the right people, with the right skills, in the right locations, available at the right time.
Resourcing ensures the effective utilisation and development of on and offshore resource. Its responsibilities range from workforce planning and headcount management to demand and supply management for client engagements.
Effective Resourcing contributes significantly to KPMG delivering its business performance but also plays a key role in helping individuals at KPMG fulfil their career ambitions.
The individual will be responsible for resourcing for Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow Audit.
To provide a professional Resource Management service to the National Markets Audit Business Unit ensuring the efficient and effective utilisation of on and offshore resources through building excellent knowledge of the business and skill sets in conjunction with the National Markets Resourcing Senior Manager.
While the Resourcing Manager will have a dedicated Resource Advisor based in Glasgow and Edinburgh, it will be a requirement of this role that the individual will assume responsibility for the end-to-end resourcing process within Aberdeen Audit. This will involve combining the management of the annual resource planning cycle of our recurring work with the proactive management of ad hoc resourcing requests and facilitating solutions to resourcing shortfalls.
- Responsible for managing the overall resource management delivery and resourcing strategy of the BU.
- Work closely with the People Leaders to ensure effective use of staff through cross region staff planning/resource management, including sharing staff across offices during times of stretch in particular locations and that appropriate responses are made to free up staff for new work.
- Take responsibility for driving the year round planning process for Aberdeen Audit. This includes working closely with managers and senior managers within the department to understand the resourcing requirements for their individual clients.
- Manage the process around shortfalls within Aberdeen Audit – understand where the clashes are and how they can be resolved; challenge the requirements – staffing, timing etc. Proactively look for solutions by moving bookings around but still achieving appropriate level of support for our audit clients.
- Take responsibility for managing the Retain bookings for Aberdeen Audit to ensure that it accurately reflects our current resourcing positions and that is it is up to date for minimum of 6 months in advance.
- Chair manager meetings in Aberdeen as a group and also on a one to one basis to ensure client needs on each client are covered.
- Manage holiday requests for Aberdeen Audit in conjunction with the agreed upon policy, approving holiday where appropriate. In addition, sickness/absence levels within the department need to be highlighted and timesheet submissions challenged where appropriate.
- Prepare relevant resource management information and position solutions to aid resourcing decisions across the entirety of NM Audit Scotland.
- Promote and maximise the off-shore capability groups to leverage profitability on engagements with KGS.
- Understand future pipeline and the implications these have on resource needs, to ensure a proactive and forward looking approach to resourcing of client needs.
- Act as the escalation point for resource issues/conflicts and provide guidance/decisions on resource solutions for the entirety of NM Audit Scotland.
- Attend and present at BU People Leader / Department meetings to provide resource management insight to support business planning decisions.
- Maintain accurate headcount tracker for central reporting including tracking all leavers/joiners/secondments to ensure resource is maintained at an appropriate level.
- Maintain strong links with the KPMG resource management community across Audit and build cross functional relationships to ensure we consistently apply best practice resource management methods.
- Work closely with Global Mobility and Experienced Hire to manage recruitment needs and pipeline.
- Facilitating the continuous improvement of resource management processes and procedures by proactively taking the lead on ad-hoc projects as required.
- Support One Firm Resource Management projects and initiatives to support the continuous improvement of the resource management function.
- Propose ideas for improvement and execute change management programmes.
- Implement action plans to address areas of improvement identified both for Resourcing and wider functional department.
- Responsible for the performance management of Resource Advisors at all grades.
- Lead, develop and motivate staff taking full responsibility for individual and team performance management, coaching, development and communications.
- Support individual goal setting in line with personal development and career aspirations.
- Recruitment and selection of new team members as appropriate.
- Ad hoc projects for BU / Resourcing Senior Manager / Director as required.
The successful candidate is likely to have/be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in a resource management environment is desirable.
- Line management experience.
- Excellent relationship management and communications skills by demonstrating the ability to build strong relationships with senior members of staff.
- Resilient and capable of working in a challenging, continuously changing environment.
- Confident, assertive and have the ability to prioritise and manage both the workload of themselves and the team within which they operate.
- Ability to influence strategic resourcing, training and recruitment decisions through presentation of information that is timely and informative.
- Proactive self-starter and ability to work without direction/minimal guidance and take responsibility for own work and that of others to achieve business solutions.
- Willingness to travel regularly within the UK.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.