- Sector: Social Services, Housing and Childcare
- Specialism: Adult Care, Adult Social Work, Child Care
- Location: Kirkwall
- £9.01 per hour, G437
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: ORK03120
ORKNEY HEALTH AND CARE
Health and Community Care
Intermediate Care Team
Relief Rehabilitation Support Worker
Hours are offered on an as and when required basis
£10.10 per hour (Including Distant Islands Allowance)
A shift allowance will be paid for unsocial hours worked where appropriate
Do you welcome an exciting challenge and enjoy the opportunity to work as part of a small established and forward thinking team? If so we would like to hear from you.
The Intermediate Care Team (ICT) which is based within the Balfour Hospital is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Rehabilitation Support Worker into the ICT. The team supports discharges from hospital, prevents admissions into hospital and provides rehabilitation in patients/service users own home, thereby regaining independence. The ICT team work closely with colleagues in health and social services and the voluntary sector. The ICT provide a seven-day service and the Rehabilitation Support Worker must be willing to work shifts across seven days and have use of their own vehicle for community visits.
The Rehabilitation Support Worker will provide, with guidance, a highly varied range of support across the disciplines of nursing, social care, physiotherapy and occupational therapy. The successful applicant will:
• Have a minimum of two years’ experience working directly with patients/service users in a health or social care setting.
• Be willing to embrace a whole new rehabilitation/reablement ethos and undertake further training and education as required.
• Have proven verbal and written communication skills
• Need to be able to work single-handedly and as part of a team.
• Hold an SVQ2 or equivalent in health and social care
This post is subject to membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme in respect of regulated work with adults.
Further information on this post is available from Rachel Ware, Operational Manager for ICT, Balfour Hospital, tel: 01856 888071 or 01856 873535 extension 2689
Closing date: Sunday 24 February 2018
Please note that interview expenses are not payable for this post.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.