- Contact: Katrin Kristensen
We are currently looking to identify a highly motivated individual to undertake the role of Farm Technician to work at the Company’s Seawater site at Muck. This post is offered on a full time, permanent basis. The Isle of Muck is the smallest of the small isles two hours out from Mallaig by landing craft. Muck has had significant investment from MOWI since it opened in 2014. The site has its own Landing Craft, 400T Gaelforce barge and ten new 120m Akva pens.
Role and responsibilities
- Feed, control and inspection of fish
- General site and boat work associated duties including containment checks, Barge feeding, net washing
- Inspection and maintenance of technical equipment and facilities
- Basic maintenance and other general farm/boat tasks as required
- Experience is an advantage, although training will be provided.
- Work flexibly to meet the demands of the job
- Positive approach to this type of work
- Competent swimmer
- Drivers licence is essential.
- Working pattern is a two week on/off rota.
- Shift allowances
- Accommodation will be provided on the Island if required during shift.
- Attractive salary, Holiday buy out, living allowance, bonus and pension
- Occupational Health Support
- Training/development opportunities
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are an Equal Opportunities employer. To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you wish to apply, please upload your Covering Letter and CV to our website by Friday 1st March 2019.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.