- Location: Perth
- £23,707 to £26,616 per annum, TAS6
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: PKC05249
Development Business Analyst, Perth (PKC5249)
£23,707 - £26,616 Fixed Term (Until 31 March 2020)
Carpenter House, Carpenter Street, Perth PH1 5GB
A temporary opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic professional keen to further develop their business improvement; project delivery/support office; and business analysis skills.
This will involve working with managers; internal customers and external partners across a range of IT business areas including:
• supporting project co-ordinators and our evolving Programme Support Office
• carrying out individual research / options appraisals and developing a range of papers / presentations based on your initial investigations
• mapping / baselining current processes and recommending efficiencies.
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative individual to support a range of challenging change initiatives for which an analytical, methodical approach, very good organisational and planning skills; problem-solving abilities and consistently high quality customer focus is required.
You must be educated to HNC level in an appropriate discipline or have operational experience in providing business analysis support over a sustained period. Ideally you will hold a Project Management and / or buisness analysis qualification or be willing to work towards achieving appropriate qualifications..
You will be able to demonstrate:
* experience in using analytical tools, techniques and approaches to successfully gather, synthesize, organize and present information / evidence, including identifying and categorizing risks, opportunities and impacts
* experience in contributing successfully in a customer facing environment to the delivery of projects of significant value to the initiating organisation
* strong interpersonal skills enabling you to investigate and communicate complex processes / issues sensitively, persuasively, effectively and professionally
* experience of working collaboratively in a team environment; building good working relationships with others. Experience of participating / playing a leading role in multi-disciplinary groups is highly desirable
* ability to work well under pressure; multi-task and take personal responsibility for prioritising your own workload.
You will have a flexible attitude to work routine, take responsibility for prioritising your own workload, work well under pressure to deliver to deadlines be willing to undertake on the job learning.
For further details contact Susan Cannon, IT Team Leader, Contact email: email@example.com / tel: 01738 477313.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Online facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Please note: As part of the application process, when we receive your submitted application, you will be sent a job match questionnaire following the closure of the post. The questionnaire will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk