- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Project Management
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 86466
Join us as a Project Manager at RBS International in either Jersey, London, Manchester or Edinburgh
- This role will give you responsibility for managing key projects across RBS International, working with senior stakeholders and supporting our change programmes looking at organisational design
- You'll play a part in building our business for the future, shaping our customer experience proposition, how we organise ourselves and simplifying how we do business
- Put your project and stakeholder expertise to great use, as we cultivate a collaborative and forward looking culture
- Work collaboratively with partners such as Human Resources in the design
- This role is offered on a 12 month basis
What you'll do
You'll be delivering projects focused on how we organise ourselves to best make use of the capability that the programme is delivering; taking responsibility for delivery of change activities, within time, cost, quality and with careful management of the associated risk profile.
This will involve working with project teams, interacting with senior stakeholders and taking accountability for project life-cycles to deliver sustainable business and customer outcomes, while ensuring all governance, risk, finances and resources are managed effectively.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepares and takes ownership for all project and resource plans and controls, reporting on progress and ensuring the plans and associated activities are in line with wider programme plans/controls
- Builds and maintains a strong and positive working relationship with Stakeholders across multiple franchises and functions, at different levels of hierarchy and able to influence decision making
- Ensures that all project deliverables satisfy their requirements and that they align to the agreed Governance Framework.
- Working with the delivery teams to ensure appropriate resources are assigned and taking responsibility for identifying, tracking, managing and reporting on any project level RAIDs.
- Ensures project benefits are understood, and proactively engages with all stakeholders to track, report and realise project benefits; taking necessary and consistent action where benefits are affected by changes
- Tracks and reports on project costs and ensures the project benefits are completed within allotted budgets
- Leading teams through the project lifecycle and managing people to deliver great outcomes and develop their skills
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with a proven track record of delivery, including when working to tight deadlines and managing conflicting and frequently changing priorities.
You’ll need a good understanding and experience of applying project management tools and techniques and a professional project management qualification would be welcome.
You should also have the proven ability to manage the end-to-end delivery of projects at divisional, business unit and local level.
We’ll also expect:
- Experience of delivering strategic projects that support the business strategy and its transformation and growth agenda
- Senior stakeholder engagement experience and ability to work credibly and influentially with a wide range of colleagues
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Flexibility and comfort in working with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Self motivation and the ability to work independently
A good knowledge of RBS and RBS International processes, systems and service propositions – and the ability to navigate them – would be hugely advantageous.
What else you need to know
Although preferred location is jersey, other locations may be considered for the right candidate.
You need the right to live and work in the location you apply to to take on this role.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS International, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.