- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service
- Location: Edinburgh
- £21,150 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 85153
Join us as a Premier Banking Specialist in Edinburgh
- If you love to provide really memorable service, this is a great chance to join our Premier Banking Relationship team, working over the phones with our high net worth customers
- You'll relationship manage a new portfolio, understanding our customers financial goals and working with them proactively to help them achieve
- You’ll be joining a collaborative and supportive team environment, and will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills in digital banking as you support our customers
What you'll do
You’ll be your customers’ first point of contact, there to provide them with an outstanding service. You'll take a proactive stance, making outbound calls to customers, and working with them to identify their needs and help them with their financial goals and plans. By educating customers in the different ways to bank with us, you'll be supporting them to choose the right service options.
It’s important that you work accurately and that you follow compliance, getting it right first time delivering a seamless and positive experience.
- Identify opportunities to help customers with new financial services or products, and complete outbound care calls to grow and maintain your portfolio
- Develop and maintain relationships with Premier Banking colleagues in the front line to support their customers, and maintain their awareness of the broader premium segment
- Act in full compliance with industry regulations
- Resolve complaints and errors quickly and effectively, ensuring that the relationship with the customer is fully restored
The skills you'll need
You’ll have good customer service experience and will be passionate about meeting clients’ needs by doing the right thing. Experience in financial services would be preferred, but may not be essential if you can clearly show a history of building lasting and meaningful customer relationships, and the influencing skills needed to effectively recommend financial products and services. A background in sales or relationship management roles in another industry could be suitable. Experience of conducting financial reviews would also be an advantage.
We’ll also be looking for:
- A flair for communication, with a great telephone manner and the ability to engage with customers, showing genuine interest in their needs
- Good planning, organisation and time management skills, with the ability to work unsupervised and the motivation to manage your own workstack
- Strong general PC skills, with proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite of products
Ultimately, it will be your determination and commitment to go the extra mile for our customers that will bring you success in this role.
What else you'll need to know
You’ll work 7 hours a day on a rotational shift pattern between 8am and up to 8pm Monday to Thursday and up to 6pm on Fridays. You’ll also work one or two Saturdays a month. We're closed on Bank holiday's
We can discuss your hours of work with you in more detail during your interview.
You'll enjoy a comprehensive training programme and on-going coaching to support your development. When you're ready, we’ll help you take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
Salary: £21,150 per year
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £21,150 and you’ll also join our retirement saving plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Royal Bank of Scotland, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.