- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 524360900
KPMG's Transfer Pricing (TP) practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, TP can offer a broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people. Our Transfer Pricing practice is broad, encompassing a wide range of client propositions, not least in Scotland, where we serve a wide range of sectors.
We are a national team of over 110 transfer pricing specialists including 5 Partners based in key UK cities. Our transfer pricing specialists have lots of flexibility to work across industry sectors, and with different partners and directors. There is a good mix of tax professionals, accountants and economists with backgrounds from industry, practice and HMRC. This variety of backgrounds will give you the opportunity work with people who are experts in their field, and help you to build a diverse skillset.
Transfer pricing is a priority growth area for the firm and the successful candidate will have the opportunity for rapid career progression.
We are currently recruiting a Manager to join our successful Transfer Pricing team in Scotland. Our market leading team advises multinational clients develop and implement economically supportable transfer prices, document those policies and outcomes and respond to tax authority challenges.
This is a transfer pricing role and is ideally suited to a candidate looking for a wide ranging and challenging role that involves advising clients at the highest level.
Transfer pricing is a priority growth area for the firm and the successful candidate will have the opportunity for rapid development and career progression.
Edinburgh would be the preferred primary location. The role will involve regular travel to KPMG Scotland’s offices in Glasgow and Aberdeen, as well as to KPMG’s and clients’ sites more widely.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Working on large, multi-disciplinary projects across multiple jurisdictions.
- Bringing strong TP technical knowledge and experience to bear in the development of policies, and documentation.
- Preparing, and project managing team members in the preparation of, detailed technical TP analyses covering a wide range of UK and international tax issues.
- Coaching and developing junior team members. The role may include Performance Manager responsibilities.
- Coordinating with KPMG's transfer pricing, international tax, indirect tax and advisory teams on a range of topics.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Keeping abreast of changes in UK law and practice in these areas; and law and practice for key trading partner countries of the UK.
- Assisting with the team's business development and marketing initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- CTA, CA, ACA, ACCA, Masters in Economics or equivalently qualified
- Good Transfer Pricing and wider tax technical skills and commercial awareness.
- Ability to build strong internal and client relationships.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Communicates effectively in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear.
- Experienced at Manager grade or equivalent.
- Significant experience in a corporate tax transfer pricing environment.
- A successful track record of delivering Transfer Pricing projects through both internal and external activities.
- Proven technical strength.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team.
- Displays an inclusive, collaborative approach and operates in an inspirational & respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community.
- Brings insight and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems.