- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 524361000
KPMG's Transfer Pricing (TP) practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, TP can offer a broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people. Our Transfer Pricing practice is broad, encompassing a wide range of client propositions, not least in Scotland, where we serve a wide range of sectors.
We are a national team of over 110 transfer pricing specialists including 5 Partners based in key UK cities. Our transfer pricing specialists have lots of flexibility to work across industry sectors, and with different partners and directors. There is a good mix of tax professionals, accountants and economists with backgrounds from industry, practice and HMRC. This variety of backgrounds will give you the opportunity work with people who are experts in their field, and help you to build a diverse skillset.
Transfer pricing is a priority growth area for the firm and the successful candidate will have the opportunity for rapid career progression.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Manager to join our growing Transfer Pricing team in Scotland. The team advises multinational clients develop and implement economically supportable transfer pricing policies, document those policies and outcomes and respond to tax authority challenges.
This role is primarily a transfer pricing role but also potentially will combine aspects of corporate tax, tax value chain and business advisory and is ideally suited to a candidate looking for a wide ranging and challenging role that involves advising clients at the highest level.
Edinburgh would be the preferred primary location. The role will involve regular travel to KPMG Scotland’s offices in Glasgow and Aberdeen, as well as to KPMG’s and clients’ sites more widely.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be market facing with allocated clients and target organisation.
- Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery.
- Actively promote team and personal profile to internal networks in order to promote collaboration and increase internal leads.
- Project managing large, multi-disciplinary projects across multiple jurisdictions.
- Bringing extensive TP technical knowledge and experience to bear in the development of policies, documentation, and responses to tax authority challenges.
- Managing preparation of detailed technical TP analysis covering a wide range of UK and international tax issues.
- Coordinating with KPMG's transfer pricing, international tax, indirect tax and advisory teams on a range of topics.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Assisting with the team's business development and marketing initiatives.
- Financial management, including developing and managing project budgets and billing to ensure profitable delivery of client engagements.
- Playing a key role in people development activities (coaching / mentoring) for less experienced team members.
- Identifying key client issues that represent opportunities for other KPMG teams to capitalise on and play active role in introductions.
- Keeping abreast of changes in UK law and practice in these areas; and law and practice for key trading partner countries of the UK.
- Using knowledge and insight into industry trends for the continued development of the TP business proposition.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- CTA, CA, ACA, ACCA, Masters in Economics or equivalently qualified.
- Excellent Transfer Pricing and wider tax technical skills and commercial awareness.
- Ability to build strong internal and client relationships.
- Excellent communication and management skills.
- Communicates with impact in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear.
- Extensive experience in a corporate tax transfer pricing environment.
- Successful track record of leading Transfer Pricing projects through both internal and external activities.
- Proven technical strength in our markets.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team.
- Displays an inclusive, collaborative approach and operates in an inspirational & respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community.
- Brings insight and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems.