- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Customer Service
- Location: Edinburgh
- £18,765 per annum, Pro-rata
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 85031
You’ll be the first point of contact when our Premier Banking customers call us, providing a truly personal service. We’ll help you develop, including supporting you to achieve an externally recognized accreditation.
Join us as a Customer Service Representative - Premier Banking in Edinburgh
- Take on a new career challenge in our friendly and supportive telephony banking centre, and you’ll be the first point of contact for our Premier customers
- You'll help make banking simpler, more responsive and personal for our Premier customers
- You’ll match your desire for customer service with the motivation to develop and succeed with us, and in return we'll offer you many career development opportunities, including support to achieve the industry recognised Professional Bankers Certificate
- We’ll start you on a competitive salary of £18,765, pro rata for hours worked
What you'll do
In Premier banking, the customers have complex needs, and you'll receive comprehensive training so you have the skills to deal with the calls.
Whether it’s carrying out day-to-day banking transactions, educating our customers on our digital channels or liaising with our wider Premier business, you’ll be there to help. You'll provide an end to end service to our customers, supporting them every step of the way and proactively looking at opportunities to meet their financial needs.
- Take full ownership of your calls, solving customers’ queries and providing an outstanding service
- Build strong relationships with customers, as you'll be following up with them
- Continue to develop and build your knowledge, as you'll be taking calls which range in complexity
The skills you'll need
Ideally, you'll have some experience working in customer service, but it isn't essential. It's more important that you have strong communication and listening skills, and the empathy to provide the very best solutions.
You'll combine this with:
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, exciting environment where no two days are the same
- The commitment to go the extra mile for our customers, providing a truly personal service
- An enthusiasm for developing new skills and taking on new responsibilities
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern.
Your hours of work are likely to be between 7am and 9pm and will include weekends. We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during your interview.
Some Bank Holiday working will also be a part of this role.
You'll enjoy a comprehensive structured training programme, on-going coaching and support to enhance your development and open up progression opportunities. When you're ready, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
Salary: £18,765 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You’ll start on a competitive salary from £18,765 depending on experience, and you’ll also join our retirement saving plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work bank holidays.
At Royal Bank of Scotland, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.