- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 9281
Our Blantyre depot are looking for a Night Shift Rota Engineer (HGV/PSV Technician/Mechanic) to join the Engineering Team in consistently providing high quality vehicle repairs and maintenance to ensure maximum service output is provided for the benefit of our customers.
The role of Engineer (HGV/PSV Technician/Mechanic) will be to diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement in accordance with our standard operating procedures.
Technical Knowledge and Training
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level I & 2)
- To be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle systems including engines, automatic/semi-automatic gearboxes, drive trains, compressed air systems, hydraulic systems, braking systems, steering systems, suspension systems, cooling systems and basic auto electrics
- To be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment including brake rolling road testers, tracking gauges, hydraulic vehicle lifts, pressurised oil and waste systems, battery chargers and starters, trolley jacks, scaffolding, pressure wash and automatic washing equipment, digital smoke readers, headlamp alignment testers, hydraulic jacks and testing equipment, drilling machines, torque wrenches, pedestal grinders and general portable equipment (i.e. air guns, drills, electric and pneumatic hand tools etc..)
- To be fully familiar with all relevant diagnostic equipment including hydraulic flow meters, air and vacuum gauges, multi meters, temperature gauges, micrometers, Vernier gauges, engine and gearbox laptop testing equipment
- To have basic skills in gas and electric welding, burning, and basic body repairs
- To attend vehicle manufacturer product training courses, VOSA vehicle inspection training and specialist vehicle recovery training as required, this may involve an overnight stay
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
We'll provide you with the training, support and opportunities you need to develop your skills and reach your potential. You'll also enjoy a range of benefits, such as free travel on our buses, pension scheme with free life assurance and the chance to buy discounted First shares. Our rewards also include First Xclusives where you and your family and friends can benefit from travel discounts with First and over 3,000 offers on a variety of goods and services.
At First, we support each other and work together to set the highest of standards and provide the best customer experience. To discover more and join our team, please click below to apply.
Our diverse team drives our success. So, we're passionate about diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity at every level.