- Contact: Katrin Kristensen
We are currently looking to identify a highly motivated individual to undertake the role of Farm Technician to work at the Company’s Freshwater loch site near Glenfinnan. This post is offered on a full time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will be required to work 40 hours per week, any 5 days out of 7.
The Site at Glenfinnan has been producing Smolts for seawater on growing for over 35 years and comprises of 32 x 16m steel cages over 2 locations both with centralized blower feeding systems serviced from one shore base that has been developed to aid fish transfer on/off site by lorry and provide excellent facilities for the sites operation and 8 personnel.
Within the role there will become opportunities to broaden your experience of fish health & Welfare through various operations as well as basic mechanical skills working alongside automated feeding systems, generators, power boats, cranes and the sites landing craft.
Role and responsibilities
- Assist with best feed practice and regular inspection of fish.
- Net maintenance, lifting, inspection, fitting, cleaning & removal.
- Inspection and maintenance of feed system equipment and facilities.
- Daily fish husbandry duties including stock health observations.
- Various other tasks to aid the running of a large freshwater loch site.
- Experience is an advantage, although full training will be provided.
- Work flexibly to meet the demands of the job.
- Positive approach to working in an outdoor environment.
- Competent swimmer.
- Drivers license is essential. No driving license? We can help you with the cost of lessons.
- Attractive salary, bonus and pension
- Occupational Health Support
- Full Training will be provided
- Development opportunities within a growing industry
- Accommodation support may be considered for the right candidates
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We are willing to consider flexible working arrangements and are an Equal Opportunities employer. To apply for this vacancy, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you wish to apply, please upload your Covering Letter and CV to our website by Friday 8th March 2019.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.