- Contact: Frazer Coupland
- Reference: LCOCofficemanager
The Office Manager is a new role to support the Lochaber Chamber of Commerce CEO and to manage office operations for the small but busy team.
Serving as primary point of contact for external and internal stakeholders, the Office Manager will provide administrative assistance to the Chamber team. In addition, the Office Manager will ensure the operational success of the organization by supporting event planning, communications, and other organizational needs for a growing suite of initiatives that enhance the economic vitality of the region. This role will be a critical liaison between key areas of Chamber work, requiring a high level of attention to detail and professionalism, as well as the ability to be a flexible problem-solver.
The following describe the critical functions of the role, but does not provide an extensive list of job responsibilities and duties:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Chamber and lead staff including: managing an extremely busy calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; dealing with correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- Set up and manages office functions and staff procedures, including HR and office administration ensuring GDPR compliance in all aspects of the organisation. Plan, coordinate and ensure the Chamber’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Chamber, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a barometer, having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all matters.
- Respond to all enquiries either digitally or by phone and ensuring any query or task is completed.
- Deal with Sales order processing, purchase order processing and reconciliation of payments into the company bank accounts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Administrative experience that includes managing a schedule; experience working with a team. Previous experience of dealing with all aspects involved in a busy office including HR, accounts, sales, customer service, queries etc
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and elected officials.
- High level written and verbal communication skills, including ability to draft, edit and finalize a variety of written products.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward-looking and self-directed thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Ideally working knowledge of CRM systems and/or Xero.
- Very strong team player.
This position is for 30 hours a week, on a permanent contract. Monday - Friday, flexible hours. The salary range is £20k - £26K depending on experience, pro rata.
CLOSING DATE: Wed 20th February 2019
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.