- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 84391
Join us as a Business Development Director in Edinburgh or Glasgow
- Take on a role in one of Lombard’s regional coverage teams where you’ll contribute to our business development strategy and spread brand awareness across Scotland
- We're the biggest Asset Finance provider in the market, winning the Money Facts award for best leasing and asset finance provider for ten years running
- It’s an excellent time to become a part of the Lombard story as we grow further and delve into new market sectors, and your expertise and determination will be crucial in helping us shape the future of our business
- As market leader, Lombard offers a full product set including funding intellectual property
- Your work location can be flexible within your coverage area
What you'll do
You'll contribute to our business development strategy by focusing on the new development opportunities we’ve already identified, and build those new relationships to bring real value to potential customers. Lombard already provides finance to a wide range of sectors including; transportation, technology, manufacturing, construction, renewables, agriculture, aviation and marine, and we’re constantly looking for ways to give customers the flexibility they need to either grow, or make their business more efficient.
Your role will involve:
- Raising brand profile by delivering asset finance education to the regional markets through tailored customer events and social media initiatives
- Collaborating with our introducers and professionals, and building close relationships with our RBS origination and product partners teams
- Working together with our Specialists team to transact deals in specialist areas such as energy, marine, technology and agriculture
- Mapping and capturing local commercial and corporate geographies, and feeding this into business development planning
- Identifying, developing and winning new business, with primary focus in the mid market (£10 - £250 million turnover) and managing the smooth handover of new business to our Relationship Directors
- Delivering outstanding customer service at every interaction, based on an evolving understanding of our customers' needs
The skills you'll need
We need someone with a keen understanding of Asset Finance and who has strong experience in building trusting relationships. Previous experience in a Business Development role within banking, finance or technology would be ideal.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to build good working relationships
- Commercial acumen with strong customer focused approach in your work
- A keen eye for detail, and the ability to maintain clear and accurate documentation
- The ability to interpret and adapt to market developments
- The ability to work independently, and good diary management skills
- Adaptability to change and an openness to learn and develop
A Diploma in Lending Skills is a mandatory requirement for this role. You'll either hold it already, or be able to complete the qualification within 12 months.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Lombard, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.