- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Chefs and Cooks
- Location: Glencoe
- From £9.19 per hour
- Hours: Full Time Contract
- Contact: People Services
To assist in the day to day management of the Catering Department at the newly refurbished Glencoe Visitor Centre. To help ensure that all targets are met and that all visitors experience the highest level of guest satisfaction during their visit.
· Assist with the development of the Menu Cycle/Specification.
· Be the main cook responsible for the overall, day-to-day running of the kitchen and ensure that the facility is well-organised, well-maintained, and fully compliant within current regulations (e.g., adhering to food hygiene, sale of alcohol and new waste disposal legislation).
· Contribute to food production as per the Menu Cycle/Specification and event Food Production (corporate, hospitality, meetings etc.).
· Keeping up to date HACCP, COSHH checklists and temperature sheets.
· Ensure high standards of Kitchen hygiene, cleanliness, tidiness and related schedules.
· Maintain a high standard of food presentation to the customer.
· Use fresh Produce and Ingredients whenever and where ever is possible and minimise wastage.
· Share in the common responsibility of implementing the Trust’s “Health & Safety Policy”, being mindful at all times of the health and safety of self, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
· Adherence to the COSHH Training provided and control of substances covered by COSHH.
· Act as a key holder; responsible for opening and closing of buildings.
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal records (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
Required qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge:
The above outlines the key skills and behaviours the job holder will need to possess and exercise. In addition, either knowledge of, or experience in the following is required:
· Demonstrable experience as a Cook in preparing and producing food to a consistently high standard using fresh products and ingredients.
· Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
· Preferably a recognised formal qualification in culinary arts.
· Highly developed organisational skills, deployable in a multi-tasking environment.
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral), including influencing/persuasion.
· Ability to work as part of a team and the ability to foster and motivate a team.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.