- Contact: People Services
As a member of our Visitor Services team which welcomes more than 200,000 people to our Glencoe Visitor Centre every year, your job is to give visitors from across the globe a warm welcome to the Highlands and help generate the income that enables us to care for the world-renowned Glencoe National Nature Reserve.
In 2019, we are reopening our Visitor Centre with a brand new shop, café and exhibition space. As a Visitor Service Assistant – Engagement & Events – you will be the first point of contact for our visitors, fielding a wide range of questions, approaching guests to inform them about our products and helping them to orientate around the site.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times – adapting to the needs of individual visitors or large tour group parties
- Planning, preparation and delivery of visitor engagement activities and events in conjunction with the Ranger team, including Landrover safaris, guided walks, family trails and short informal talks
- Welcoming visitors as they arrive on their journey around the visitor centre, sharing stories and information, answering questions about where to go, things to do and why these places are special.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Glencoe and the National Trust for Scotland, able to confidently share stories with visitors and answer common questions
- Promote National Trust for Scotland membership and oversea visitor passes, helping to achieve our recruitment targets
- Drive sales through proactive up-selling tailored to customer preferences and strong product knowledge
- Ensure you are aware of the team’s sales targets and other key objectives and seek to achieve and exceed them
- Be responsible for accurate cash handling, till operation and sales processing and support the reconciliation of end of day takings
- Regular outdoor work, welcoming guests in outdoor welcome area and car park.
- Help generate social media content to promote our engagement activities and encourage visits.
- Driving license, valid for driving within the UK
- An enthusiasm and interest in Scottish history, nature conservation and the outdoors
- Passion for sharing stories and offering memorable experiences
- Ability to work within a team or independently, with minimal supervision, to a high and safe standard.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt working patterns and tasks to meet day-to-day variations in property needs.
- Ability to adjust pace to match customer flow without compromising quality of service.
- Excellent front of house persona - warm, welcoming, patient and understanding.
- Excellent selling skills.
- Genuine belief in the value of good customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be proactive and to take the initiative.
- Public speaking skills
- Relevant experience in heritage, tourism or equivalent sector
- Understanding of the needs of learners of all ages, abilities and interests
- Cash handling experience
- First Aid Certificate Holder