Last updated: 16th May 2018
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy forms part of the Terms and sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The data controller is HIJOBS Limited of Commercial House, 20 High Street, Fort William, Inverness-shire, PH33 6AT, UK. You can find out more about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at https://ico.org.uk.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide on our Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Platform (including any information contained in a Candidate’s CV), subscribing to our Employer Services or Candidate Services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Platform.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Platform and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Platform including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We collect information from or about the computers, phones or other devices where you install or access our Platform. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent Services across your devices.
- We receive information about you and your activities from third-party partners, such as information from Facebook or Google when you log in using these services.
- IP Addresses. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Cookies. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Platform to operate.
Uses Made of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- We are able to provide you with the information, products or services on our Platform or that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development and analyse the information that we have in order to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- We carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Candidates’ details may be viewable by Employers that have subscribed to the relevant Employer’s Service but, if requested by the Candidate, will remain anonymous. Names and contact information remain confidential and release of this information to Employers remains in the Candidate’s control at all times. If an Employer wishes to contact a Candidate they do so directly in the manner instructed by the Candidate on their registration form. The Candidate decides whether to respond to the opportunity or not. If the Candidate chooses to do so they contact the Employer directly. We do not contact Employers on behalf of Candidates unless expressly authorised to do so.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of Your Information
Under certain circumstances we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- As a candidate, during the job application process your application information will be passed to the advertised recruiting party. You will always be provided with identity of the recipient during this process.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply these Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of HIJOBS Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties.
Personal Information Management
We gather personal information from you when you send text messages, complete registration forms, send emails to us, submit comments and other user generated content facilities. This data is securely stored and will not be shared with any third party partners unless you have specifically given permission for our selected partners to view your details for employment purposes only. Please do not submit your personal information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Managing or Deleting Your Information
You can manage the content and information you share when you use our Platform through the Account area.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services.
You can delete your account any time using this link. When you delete your account, we delete everything you have posted to our Platform, including all your personal information, any uploaded files and all email alerts.
Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be free of charge.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using TLS technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HIJOBS is fully PCI compliant, providing safety not only to those who use cards to pay for our services but also ensuring everyone using our job seeking services share the benefits.
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of 12 requirements that all businesses who handle card payments must comply with. It provides business best practice guidelines to establish a "minimum security standard".