Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a general question or are experiencing a problem with the website, find answers to some common questions about our employer services here.
- Can I use your site?
- How do I register?
- Do I have to put all the information on the registration page?
- I’m an individual looking for a private role so don’t have a company name
- I keep getting a red box saying registration has failed
- I’ve not used you in a while and can’t remember my login details
- Why cant I login with LinkedIn any more?
- How do I post a job?
- Will I be tied into a contract?
- How does it work?
- Can I put lots of jobs into one job advert, to avoid buying more credits?
- How much is it?
- Do you accept cash?
- Do you accept cheques?
- Can I set up a PO invoice with you?
- How do I get an invoice for my records?
- Do you have high volume or customised plans?
- Do you take non-UK orders?
- My company name is incorrect
- How do I update my employer details?
- Why do I need to put in a logo?
- Can someone else from within my company use our account?
- I can’t post a job
- I thought I had a credit left but it’s not there
- When I copy and paste the information into the job description it isn’t formatted well
- I don’t have some of the information you are asking for
- Can I link to an external application pack instead of receiving emails?
- You don’t have a relevant sector for the role I have
- I’ve accidently posted the wrong job and used a credit
- I am advertising a job I have listed before, do I need to start again?
- I want to list it in multiple locations
- I don’t need to advertise for 30 days
- I can no longer see an advert that I previously advertised?
- How do I get the most out of my advert?
- The Cursor is not showing in description / prerequisite fields
- What does the ‘bump’ function do?
- What does ‘views’ mean beside the job?
- What does ‘apps’ mean beside the job?
- I haven’t received any applications
- What does ‘clicks’ mean beside the job?
- What does ‘expires’ mean beside the job?
- What does ‘edit’ mean beside the job?
- Do I need to share on Facebook and Twitter?
- I’m a charity can I get a discount?
- Why is it so cost effective?
- Why can’t I find a phone number?
- I've not heard back to an email
Yes of course, there are no restrictions at all!
Simply visit the registration page and complete the form.
Yes as it's required to ensure you are a geniune employer.
Simply put "Private" as your company name.
Read the second sentence in the box it will tell you the issue, normally if you already have an account.
Reset your password here.
Due to changes in the way websites can access LinkedIn's data, we are sadly no longer able to offer a LinkedIn account login service. However, if you have previously created an account using LinkedIn you can still access your details by converting it to a normal account. To do this, visit the reset password page and enter the email address associated with your LinkedIn account. This will send you an email allowing you to create a new password and log in to the website.
We are a pay as you go service meaning we do not have any contracts, keep any details or take any money without telling you. At all times you are in control and decide when to order using our self-service ordering system.
First, register for free. If you haven't used us before, you can use your free credit to add a job. Thereafter you can buy job credits, each credit allows you to advertise a job for up to 30 days and allows you to post a single job.
No, it looks unprofessional, affects performance and reflects badly on both parties.
A single credit starts at £49 + VAT, but if you need to buy more then you can get significant discounts. Each credit allows you to advertise a job for up to 30 days and allows you to post a single job. You can find our current prices and more information in the employers area.
No, we accept Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit, BACS/CHAPS or Paypal
No, we accept Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit, BACS/CHAPS or Paypal
No, we accept Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit, BACS/CHAPS or Paypal, however if this is an issue please contact us via email.
You receive an email with this attachment when you order.
Yes, we can tailor plans to suit all requirements. Please contact us to find out more.
Sorry, we can only take orders from UK companies.
Please contact us to change it.
You'll find this in the Employer Profile area of your account.
To get the most out of your advert – see our top tips here.
Yes, you can add a second login for them. Please contact us to do this.
Do you have a valid job credit? Check your account status firstly.
It's more than likely expired, you can check your account status.
Sometimes its lost in translation, simply copy and paste into notepad first then into the main site this will sort any formatting issues.
Don’t worry, fill out as much as you can for the best responses
Yes, simply add an "External Application URL" to your listing.
Don’t worry, select the most appropriate then email us and we can add it for use in future.
Don’t worry, email us and we can fix it for you.
Nope, simply hit "Renew" next to the title, you will need an active job credit though.
You will need to buy multiple job credits to do this.
This is the default, but if you want to close the job early simply press "Archive" in the job manage section and it will be removed.
It may have been moved to the recycle bin. See https://hijobs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206711089-Old-jobs-no-longer-visible-in-Job-Dashboard
Click at the top of the text editor area. See https://hijobs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202240971-Cursor-not-showing-in-description-prerequisite-fields
Refreshes the job and puts you right back to the top, you can also do this via a boost.
This is very simply, how many people have viewed your job, these are unique people so if someone has looked lots of times that doesn’t count. It is updated every 24 hours.
This shows how many people have applied for the job, by clicking the number it will take you to the specific CVs for you to view and download.
Check your ‘manage jobs’ section to see applications and also your spam filters on your emails.
This is only used if you have an external application process, it shows how many people have clicked through to your site from ours to view the job.
This tells you when the job will finish, it automatically removes on this date.
You can click this on any live job to make changes at any time which will update your published listing
We share the job automatically through our networks, but you can also share it on your own pages.
We are extremely cost effective and can’t offer any further discounts, however for volunteers positions please get in touch.
Due to our self-service nature we are able to keep overheads down.
Put simply we don’t have one, in order to keep overheads down we are entirely self-service, every answer no matter how obscure should be in our comprehensive constantly evolving FAQ page or you can always email us.
Please give us 24 hours before following up.