- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Location: Scotland
- £8.21 + transport and accommodations on duty
- Hours: Full Time Contract
- Contact: Craig Davidson
- Reference: SRHA02420
Job Reference: SRHA02420
Position: Seasonal Relief Hostel Assistant
Location: Throughout Scotland
Contract: Fixed term from March 2020 until 26/Sep/20
Salary: £8.21 + transport and accommodations on duty
Hours per week: 24 - 40 hours per week (Part time or full time)
We are one of Scotland’s leading accommodation providers, providing affordable and welcoming accommodation and excellent customer service in some of the finest locations in Scotland.
We are also self-funding charity operating for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our youth development and volunteering programmes also provides young people, who otherwise wouldn’t have the opportunity, the chance to discover Scotland’s heritage, and enable them to develop their skills for learning, life and work.
Working with Hostelling Scotland is more than just a job. Join our team to become an Ambassador for Scotland and to make a difference!
About this role:
We are currently looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who wishes to join our Hostel Operations Team as a Seasonal Relief Hostel Assistant who will support our hostel network in building success and deliver exceptional guest experience.
You will provide relief hostel assistant support to our Youth Hostels within the Hostelling Scotland network to ensure smooth running of all aspects of daily operations by undertaking general hostel assistant duties, including full reception service, catering, cleaning and housekeeping.
This role would be also suitable for an individual who is looking to develop a hospitality career and enjoys travelling and working at different sites.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Excellent organisation and problem solving skills and being calm in a challenging situation
- An excellent and confident communication skill with positive interactions to engage with people at all levels, both externally and internally
- Good knowledge of health and safety at work including COSHH and HACCP.
- Good numeracy and IT literacy, including good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexible approach to work various shift patterns including occasional night working and weekend shifts, to cover large geographical locations within Scotland including remote locations, and be available at very short notice for emergency cover
- A valid full, clean driving licence and access to own car
- Catering experience, such as preparing a continental buffet to assisting with cooked meals) with an elementary food hygiene certificate would be an advantage,
We can offer:
- Support and training (including full induction training) to prepare and assist you in undertaking the role effectively
- Professional and friendly working environment where everyone can perform to the best of their abilities, is treated with respect and health, safety and wellbeing of people is paramount
- Opportunities to travel to and stay at our Youth Hostels within our network
- Employee benefits including pension, discounts on Hostelling Scotland accommodations,
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Uniform provided
A successful candidate is required to provide satisfactory reference and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment.
How to apply:
Further information on this position, to obtain an application form or to learn about how we process job applicants information, please visit our website, (link removed);
Please send your application along with a covering letter to Craig Davidson, Hostel Operations Manager, c/o Hostelling Scotland, Head Office, 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling, FK8 2JA.
Closing Date: 26/Feb/20
Interview Date: 05/Mar/20
Please note Hostelling Scotland operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of your application you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Hostelling Scotland has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity
Scottish Youth Hostels Association (also known as Hostelling Scotland) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA