- Full Time
- Contact: John
- Posted February, 12, 2024 8:33 PM
Join our team here at Highland Motors, on the Isle of Skye! We currently have a position available for a workshop mechanic. The ideal candidate would have a full UK driving license and a willingness to work. Please do not hesitate to contact us, or apply, for further information.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on various types of vehicles and equipment
- Diagnose mechanical issues and provide appropriate solutions
- Use power tools and hand tools to complete repairs and installations
- Conduct inspections to identify potential problems or areas of improvement
- Keep accurate records of work performed and parts used
- Ensure efficient workflow
- Strong mechanical knowledge and aptitude
- Proficiency in using power tools and hand tools
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with team members and clients
-- More on the Isle of Skye --
Living and working on the Isle of Skye is a unique and special experience. The island is located off the west coast of Scotland and boasts some of the most stunning landscapes in the country. The rugged hills, dramatic coastlines, and crystal-clear waters make Skye a popular destination for tourists from all over the world.
For those who call Skye home, life is peaceful and tranquil. The pace of life is slower than in the city, and there is a strong sense of community. The island is home to around 10,000 people, so it is not a large community, but it is a tight-knit one.
There is a range of housing options available on the island, from traditional croft houses to modern apartments. The cost of living is generally lower than in the city, although some goods and services can be more expensive due to the island’s remote location.
As for work, the economy on Skye is largely based on tourism, with many businesses catering to visitors. There are also opportunities in agriculture, fishing, and other industries. The local job market can be competitive, but for those with the right skills and experience, there are plenty of opportunities.
One of the best things about living and working on Skye is the outdoor lifestyle. The island is a paradise for hikers, climbers, and outdoor enthusiasts. There are countless trails to explore, and the scenery is breathtaking. The island is also home to an abundance of wildlife, from eagles and otters to whales and dolphins.
Overall, living and working on the Isle of Skye is a unique and rewarding experience. The island’s natural beauty, strong sense of community, and outdoor lifestyle make it a wonderful place to call home.
- Full UK drivers licence
- Mechanical work experience
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
72% Match Featured Immediate start PopularPosted by City MobilityFull Time
We are looking for a Service/Adaptations Engineer (or Trainee Engineer) to work on a range of mobility products including mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs. There will also be the opportunity to work on specialist vehicle adaptations after training.